Maintenance, Operations, and Transportation Services
Robin Barrie - MOT Supervisor
Phone: (530) 357-3178
The Happy Valley Maintenance and Operations Department has a wonderful staff that strives to maintain a clean and safe environment for all students, staff, and visitors. They make sure that the schools in our district are kept in top shape inside and out, by performing the labor and repairs in-house.
Integrated Pest Management Plan
For the safety of our students, we will not be posting the bus schedules for our District. If you have any questions or concerns about your child's bus route, please contact your school office or the Happy Valley District Office.
- Surveillance cameras may be installed on the buses and may be used as needed.
- The bus driver can and will arrange seating to accommodate the needs of all riders.
- After loading the bus at the school, you must remain quiet so the driver may make all necessary checks before leaving the school.
- The loading zone at the school is a quiet zone.
- While waiting at the stop for the bus, all safety rules are to be observed.
- While entering or exiting the bus, please use handrails and watch your step.
- Riders must stand back from the road by at least 12 feet.
- Do not move toward the bus until it comes to a complete stop and the driver opens the door.
- Riders are not to arrive at the bus stop earlier than 5 minutes before scheduled pick-up time.
- Remain seated at all times while the bus is in motion.
- Riders must sit still, face the front, keep aisle clear and remind reasonably quiet at all times.
- Wrestling, scuffling, hitting, throwing of objects, name-calling, and general horseplay is not permitted.
- Hands, arms heads, feet, or legs must remain inside the bus and not outside the window.
- Under no circumstance should anything be thrown out of the window.
- Eating, chewing gum, or drinking of liquids is not allowed on the bus.
- Upon exiting the bus, riders should move at least 12 feet off the road.
- Do not walk to the rear area of the bus at any time.
- If the driver is assisting a rider across a street, the rider should remain to the right of the front fender until the driver directs them across the street.
- No skateboards will be allowed on the bus and the use of a skateboard on all school property is prohibited.
- No live animals, insects or reptiles are permitted on the school bus. Other transportation arrangements must be made if these are to be brought to school for a project.
- Any damage deliberately caused by the rider, such as tearing seat material or breaking windows, will result in the parent/guardian being billed for the repair.
- Riders that need to change their bus stop, must have a note signed by their parent/guardian. The note must be taken to the school office for a bus pass and then give the bus pass to the bus driver when they board the bus in the afternoon. No exceptions will be made to this rule. Bus passes will not be issued for a different bus route.
- Hugging, kissing, or other overt displays of affection are not to occur on the bus or on campus.
- All students must wear seatbelts at all times.
- No electronics are allowed on the bus. All electronics must be turned off and put away. If a student has theirs out, it will be confiscated and turned into the school office for parents to pick up.
A copy of this contract can be found under the Parent Resources section. This is to be signed by the parents/guardians and turned into the school office.